Trendology – Mining, Interpreting & Utilizing Cultural Trends
Hyper-parenting, The “Mindfulness” Movement and “New Storytelling” are all examples of emerging trends that are affecting consumer attitudes and behaviour today. Tapping into such cultural forces gives brands and their communication partners a new lens to more powerfully communicate and connect with consumers. As our society continues to evolve at an unprecedented rate, identifying and utilizing emerging cultural trends will become a critical skill for all communication practitioners.
This workshop explores the skills necessary to identify category-relevant trends, better predict category evolution and craft more powerful, differentiated communication strategies and executions. Aiming at prompting hands-on practical experience in trend identification, application, and target audience re-identification. Seats are limited so register early.
What to expect:
• Build skill in predicting and identifying emerging cultural and category trends that can help produce stronger solutions.
• Recognize the difference between a powerful, relevant trend and a ‘flash-in-the-pan’ fad, allowing you to focus on what really matters in insight development.
• Leverage trends to breathe new life into ‘dusty’ target audience or category definitions.
• Amplify marketing and communication initiatives using fresh trends as exploratory stimulus.
• Appreciate what to watch for in the macro-trends that will shape 2016 and beyond.
Who is this workshop for?
The workshop is specifically designed for experienced communication practitioners (clients, market researchers, agency planners, creatives, UX managers, etc.) seeking new sources of creative strategy insight, fresh perspective on target audience definition or a new way to talk about an established brand. Ideally you have creative strategy development experience and are looking for ways to advance your solution development approach.
About the Workshop Leader:
The workshop will be led by Dean Foerter, Vice-President, Head of Strategy at J. Walter Thompson Canada. Dean leads the Strategic Planning group for J. Walter Thompson Canada as well as its Chicago office.
Having been trained in Account Planning via Ogilvy, Publicis and BBDO, Dean also honed his consulting skills for several years in market research and innovation. His portfolio of work includes award-winning and business-building campaigns for leading clients in virtually every category including airline, retail, CPG, automotive, telecom and technology. Most recently, Dean led Strategic Planning at one of the world’s leading digital agencies, SapientNitro, where he worked on social and content strategy for Jeep’s global business, Abbott Laboratories’ global business, and Porter Airlines.
Pricing (Discounted only until October 26)
• Join APG to unlock a special promo code for a further discount!
• APG & ICA Members: Starting at $200 per person before fees/taxes
• Non Members: Starting at $250 per person before fees/taxes
The Small Print
• Registration is not refundable but is transferable.
• Please notify the event host if you plan on transferring your registration ticket to another attendee.
• ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines.