Director of Insights & Measurement (john st)
The Director of Insights and Measurement is a critical member of the Strategy team, and plays an important role in bringing evidence-based insights to the forefront of communication and measurement strategies. In this position, you will be responsible for solving a wide range of communication challenges using both quantitative and qualitative research techniques, and then determine how to measure the effectiveness of those communications. As a specialist within the areas of research and analytics, there is an expectation to interpret the complexity and technical aspects of research into digestible and meaningful recommendations for both internal teams for clients. The Director of the Insight and Measurement team will also be expected to mentor a team of researchers and analysts to continually develop the team’s analytical, communication, and research skill-sets. As one of the leaders of the broader Strategy department, you will be in a unique position to use the Insights and Measurement team to generate impactful and measureable recommendations across a broad range of clients.
The Director of Insights and Measurement will have broad-reaching and diverse responsibilities that include:
- Act as a leader within the agency to bring research and measurement best practices to the forefront
- Mentor and develop the skills of the Insight and Measurement team
- Continually innovate the service offerings of the Insight & Measurement team
- Consult with clients to help them better understand the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing campaigns and digital platforms
- Lead the presentation research and measurement reports to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with other teams to informstrategy, design and development decisions
- Support creative teams and the strategic planning team members as both a partner and a sounding board during the creative process
- Provide analytical and decision support to key decision makers in order to make better strategic and tactical decisions
- Execution of consumer insights and measurement initiatives (internal and client-facing)
- Be familiar with widely used and emerging technology and remain current on new developments, trends and topics in the digital space
- Leveraging market research or analytics frameworks to shape strategic data-driven insights
- Management of relationships with high-quality market research suppliers
- Be independent and willing to be an active contributor across all types of projects
You should have a solid grasp of:
- Test-design, performance measurement and optimization
- A/B hypothesis testing
- Campaign testing
- Digital and Social testing
- Path-to-purchase and consumer shopper journey analyses (e.g. journey mapping; experience mapping; shopper journeys, etc…)
- Consumer psychographic and/or behavioural segmentations
- Qualitative and quantitative research practices (e.g., surveys, focus groups, in-depth-interviews, diaries, “shop-along”, concept and creative testing, etc.)
- Quantitative analyses and statistical testing (e.g., conjoint, clustering, regression, logistic, decision-trees, etc.)
- Category and competitor analyses
You should have familiarity with and should have a specific focus in at least one of the below.
- Statistical Analysis: SPSS, Python, and/or R are preferred
- Web Analytics: Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Consumer Database Mining: Compete.com, ComScore, PMB/Vividata data, Nielsen data, Environics data, Mintel, Statista
- Digital and Social Media Analytics including, but not limited to the following: Paid search, SEO, Facebook and Instagram Analytics, Twitter Analytics, YouTube analytics
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with developing consumer-focused strategies that were informed through data. In addition, he or she will possess:
- Effective and engaging communication skills for interpreting data-heavy insights for a broad range of audiences (i.e. conference presentations and/or publications is a plus)
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and needs
- Strategic thinker who is capable of synthesizing complex information from multiple sources into a cohesive recommendation
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and clearly communicate them to the team
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to effectively management projects supporting multiple client initiatives
- Advanced degree in Economics, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology or similar is a plus
john st. is a creative collaborative that employs technology to make our clients’ brands unignorable. We are located in the heart of the entertainment and startup district. Our culture is point of pride and we celebrate regularly.
john st. is easily accessible via public transit and there are several pay parking lots in close proximity.
Interested? And why wouldn’t you be?
Send your resume, listing all of your brilliance and super-hero levels of awesomeness to:
Titled : “Insights & Measurement Director : I’m The One You’re Looking For”