Director of Integrated Strategy – john st.
At john street, Planning is at the heart of the agency / creative processes. Our Integrated Planners apply a number of tools to uncover, articulate, and architect unignorableTM brand ideas that carve out a unique and differentiating positioning for product and service brands in the marketplace.
In addition, across a number of complex clients of scale, Planners work with creatives, technologists, social experts as a core member of a multi-disciplinary engagement team. They provide business-relevant perspective on communication challenges. This typically involves developing an understanding of the market and competitive factors, identifying and prioritizing opportunities, and helping to frame the overarching story of a project, most often in a creative brief/creative development process. Ultimately, the job of the Planner is to ensure that the team is set up to deliver not only solutions, but also insight that helps clients make decisions about their businesses.
In this position, a Planner can also influence client engagements at any stage of their marketing or communication planning processes – understanding user needs and market opportunities, envisioning new solutions, go-to-market and support strategies.
Skills and Experience and Milestones
The Director role is and inspirational leader, connecting the team to john st.’s overall strategic processes to drive powerful brand building. This is a high visibility role, which requires outstanding influential, collaboration and communication skills:
- 10+ years of strategic planning experience with a proven track record of transformational, modern marketing work that has grown clients’ business.
- Deep integrated communications planning experience with emphasis on digital environments. Has a digital first, integrated marketing mindset and can tell that story to clients.
- Knows how to engage a CEO/CMO. Strong capability to captivate an audience with a focus on strategic selling.
- Proven builder of team expertise; supports development and shares best practices.
- Strong reputation for relationships with creative, strategy and account leaders and/or teams; is a creative thinker, passionate about ideas.
- Can design and facilitate large workshop activities to engage the client team in a creative problem solving process.
- Has expertise in multiple business strategy tools, frameworks and methods.
Example expectations of all Integrated Planners:
- Lead strategic planning process to arrive at a powerful brand stance.
- Lead strategic thinking on integrated campaigns that have a significant digital requirement.
- Create consumer connection profiles/maps that provide insight into consumer behaviors and relationships with relevant media, channels and non-traditional connection points
- Lead the Creative Brief writing process (depending on the nature of the project)
- Provide inspiration and ideas to creative teams as they begin the creative development process; act as a partner and sounding board during the creative process
- Plan and facilitate integrated planning sessions and ideations both internally and/or with external participants
- Take high-level creative ideas and break them into their specific communications tasks; succinctly outline the role of channels within an idea; develop frameworks that assist in the presentation of ideas to clients
- Conduct in-depth scouting into cultural trends, channel opportunities, competitive activity and distill into actionable implications and recommendations.
- Build excellent relationships with media partners and agency partners, if applicable.
- Be familiar with widely used and emerging insight tools and media technology, channels and terminology.
Please apply to this ad or submit your resume to email@example.com and include “Director of Integrated Strategy” in the subject line.
172 John St.