BIMM is looking for an energetic person with superior analytical abilities, great attention to detail and strong communication skills to join their growing team.
Planners are involved and integrated into the creation of marketing strategy and advertising. Their responsibility is to bring the consumer to the forefront of the process and to inspire the team to work with the consumer in mind.
Because communication channels have multiplied, it is harder and more crucial for our communication to break through this clutter and reach the target audience. The planner must provide “”the edge”” that will ensure that a client’s message will do just this. Deep experience in digital channels will be a tremendous asset for the candidate.
This role reports to the VP, CRM Strategy and Planning and involves frequent interaction with all levels of management, clients, and outside suppliers. The ideal candidate will display the perfect balance of analytic capabilities, confidence, and business acumen.
If you’re a team player who believes strongly in continuous improvement and strives to create best-in-class programs, drop us a line.
– Devise strategy and programs and work collaboratively with other teams across BIMM to support our partners’ businesses through a balanced focus on brand building, net acquisition, defection, customer profitability, and net promoter scores like Likelihood To Recommend.
– More specifically, develop, manage and support marketing programs and campaigns for Audi, SAIT, and Cogeco
– Understand and interpret larger brand strategies and translating those in order to effectively write creative briefs and long-form content briefs and guide development of the creative work.
– Deep understanding and ownership of various complex subject matter areas, including various technology categories and vertical industries; as well as the dynamics, competitive landscape, and end-user business needs driving each subject area.
– Identify key targets for campaigns using historical performance and web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, etc.
– Work closely with the Analytics department to guide the development and execution of measurement/analysis plans on behalf of our clients.
– Analyze digital and direct response campaigns to uncover patterns and establish practical insights.
– Design and implement research projects to address client business issues, gain insight into target audiences, and test ad concepts
– Be a highly engaged team member while contributing to the growth and development of top internal talent
– Serve as a key member of the Planning team to help drive BIMM’s strategy and priorities and deliver annual plan objectives
Qualifications: An outstanding leader with a proven track record of:
– Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
– Outstanding oral and written communication skills; presence to engage, present to and challenge senior leaders, communicate ideas & sell programs, and influence “”big picture”” strategy
– Excellent organization and planning skills; facility in managing a large number of tasks and projects to execute campaigns flawlessly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
– A track record of leading strong teams and developing cross-functional relationships
– Comfort influencing cross partner unit teams without necessarily having direct authority
– A team player with strong interpersonal skills, a bias for action and strong customer orientation
– Digital expertise an asset
Required Education/Professional Designation:
– Post-secondary degree; Graduate degree esp. MBA an asset
– 5+ years professional experience with progressive experience in marketing and/or agency positions with specific expertise at the Planner or Account Director level
– Strong track record in managing teams and delivering on objectives
– Agility and experience working at a mid-size organization (50 people+) an asset
– Experience and strong network within the advertising industry is an advantage”
BIMM is a marketing communications agency located in Toronto’s historic Distillery District. For more than 30 years, we’ve crafted flawless direct, digital and retail campaigns for some of the biggest brands in Canada. We know how to get short-term results while also building brands over the long haul.
And we are very focused on results. We love generating award-winning creative, but we love measuring the impact it generates even more.
Our guiding philosophy is to market with greater certainty.
Deadline: Oct. 1, 2015
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org